5 Reasons Why People Lose Money in Crypto Trading
One of the most looked into tradable asset today is Cryptocurrency. Even if you were not familiar with the term a couple of years ago, we’re pretty sure that you know or have heard some things about it, which has lead you do this article. Why do people lose money when they invest in crypto trading? People easily lose money may it be in the crypto trading scene or not, the challenge is how people manage it in general.
Crypto trading is one of the best “money making” methods today if done right. In order to avoid failure, we have provided you guys with 5 reasons to look out for and why people are losing money by trading crypto in general.
Social Media Tips
Social Media have become the go-to platforms for communication rendering traditional media obsolete. Naturally, marketing would always go through these channels to keep up with the current information highway traffic. It would be a bad idea to buy coins by following “Tips” given by ICO’s or people that are trying to sell their coins to increase the value of what they have.
In other words, anyone can say that “My coin is better than yours, buy this now before it gets more attention and you might miss the train when prices go up” –a very familiar line that you might have read somewhere online. What they’re trying to do is create a fake “hype” that can end up in disaster. Always do your own researches since you will be spending your own money, keep away from Social Media since this is filled with bias reviews.
– The Bitcoin train has long gone leaving people with doubts on which of the altcoins would be the next big star. FOMO or “Fear of Missing Out” is something that most people today are actually feeling as of this moment! As we all know, BTC has soared up to heights that no one has ever dreamed of when it first came out, leaving a lot of people in awe and dismay that they didn’t buy BTC earlier. This fear of having to experience this lost opportunity again triggers when a price of a coin goes up making people buy at the wrong time (when the price is high) with the fear of it not going back down.
No Precise Trading Strategy
– Going head-first into the world of crypto trading without any strategy in mind is like jumping off from the top of the Empire State building! You will not survive the drop.
Best Source for Crypto Trading Strategies:
The book offers a whole range of high probability trading strategies and explains everything as detailed as possible, so new traders learn profitable trading themselves and don’t stay dependent from others. The strategies described in the ebook are suitable for different market environments, so the reader learns how to make money in nearly any scenario.
The investment is not worth mentioning compared to the knowledge the reader gets out of it and compared to the high gains that are possible with this knowledge.
Below are common strategies that will help you learn the world of trading and one day earn from it:
- Holding – HODL can be profitable if done right. Buying when the price is low and ride it until you feel that you will not earn any more. It’s like riding a rocket into space and bailing before it explodes! Most of the purchases that are made for holding are done when the value is really low and they ride the “Bulls” as it progresses over the months and sometimes years.
- Buy the Dip – One of the oldest strategies of all time is buying when the price of an asset goes down. Buying at a certain point where the value is low almost immediately translates to income once the price will go back up! In order to verify if the dip is legit, please make sure that you use all the available charts that are at your disposal for more accurate purchases.
- Copy Trading –Copy Trading is something that a new trader should learn from and use as something that they can compare their own skills from. What we’re trying to say is that there are trading/exchange websites today that accept copy trading. This allows an investor (you) to copy the trades of registered experienced traders. Please do keep in mind that you are not copying trades from “trade gods” that aren’t going to make any mistakes, these are humans and diving into copy trading without any trade knowledge can be suicide. Always copy traders with caution! Sample websites that offer this feature are com and 1Broker.com (1Fox.com).
- Stop Limit Order – A stop limit order is a feature that can be of great use when it comes to BTC strategies and is probably one of the most common features to date! The order executes once a specified price or better is achieved. Once the specified price (or better) is reached the stop limit order becomes a Limit Order to buy or sell at a limit price or better.
– Or “Hold on for dear life” is a term used in the BTC community for people that hold cryptocurrency despite the plunging market prices in the hopes of a recovery in the future. Most of the exchange/trading websites today have a feature called “Stop Loss” wherein you will be able to control the loss of your assets by setting a “safety net” that would stop your loss early and not drag you down to oblivion. Holding on to a coin during tough times can be done as long as you are not losing that much value, but if you bought the coin for a high price and you are way down, better let it go and don’t hold on to avoid any added losses. On the other hand, as mentioned, HODL can be profitable if done correctly and if you bought the coin for a cheaper price than what it is currently holding up to.
Leverage – Not Understanding The Calculations And How Fast They Get Liquidated
Margin trading crypto or using leverage can be devastating if not used properly. How does margin trading work? For example, if you are trading with a 20:1 leverage you get to earn $20 if the price of your trade goes up by $2; but if your investment loses and it goes down $2 you also lose $20 instead of earning when the price goes down. A leverage trade is always expressed as a ratio; for a 20:1 leverage, you will be able to purchase $20 assets with only $1 initial investment.
The most popular saying in the trading world is “Do not ever trade more than you can afford to lose” making margin trading or the use of leverage go beyond the line of betting/trading more than you can afford since you are already in debt the minute you took the leverage. In other words, the higher the leverage the higher the potential income but the greater the risk involved. The use of leverage trading is strictly for advanced traders that know how volatile the crypto market is and if you are not confident in your trading capabilities, then do not touch leverage trading!