Cryptotrader.org Review 2021
Backtesting trading strategies
Altcoin trading on supported exchanges
- No software installation required
- Quite cheap
- Strategies marketplace
- Backtesting trading strategies
- Altcoin trading
- Works on many exchanges
- Trading strategies cost extra
Cryptotrader.org is a well-known platform of cloud based algorithmic crypto trading. You can trade Bitcoin, altcoins and even Gigahesh. “Cloud based” means you don’t have to install any additional programs on your computer – you just use the service through your browser. The user can choose different bots or strategies for automated trading. The service provides an opportunity to develop, test (backtesting) and automate trading algorithms in the cloud platform. There is a simple but powerful API for robot development available.
(Note: Please do not confuse this provider with the scam bot “crypto-trader.co.”)
Why should you use Cryptotrader.org?
Cryptocurrency market is characterized by high volatility, which allows you to make good money on the price hikes of cryptocurrencies, with the right choice of trading strategy. And in the case of a sharp collapse of the rate, as it happened in April 2013 with the rate of Bitcoin, will save your savings. Automated trading system, among all other advantages, provides what many traders lack – discipline.
Who’s the Target Group?
The service will be interesting both for traders developing their own trading systems, and for beginners in trading, because in order to use the opportunities of automated trading it is not necessary to possess technical knowledge or install any software.
At the signup you only need to provide an email you have access to and a password. Additionally you need to choose a country of residence, since there are a few countries where crpytotrader.org is not allowed to provide service due to the local laws. This concerns the US or Belize, for instance.
- Easy-to-use, easy-to-use environment to run trading robots in a secure cloud hosting environment, completely isolated from the web.
- Support for over 130 trading indicators.
- A large number of trading algorithms created using the Cryptotrader API
- Open Source https://github.com/pulsecat/cryptrade.
In order to start the algorithm in the automatic trading mode, it is necessary to
- Register on the site and pay for subscription at any tariff https://cryptotrader.org/plans (from $15/month)
- Choose a trading strategy. You can use one of the ready-made algorithms, or develop your own algorithm, if you have basic programming knowledge. On the home page, under the Featured tab, you will find some time-tested algorithms, such as EMA, MACD, Ichimoku
- Test the selected algorithm on historical data for a particular platform. Do not neglect this important step in testing any system. To do this, it is necessary to set the parameters for the test on the page with the source code of the algorithm: the instrument (for example, BTC/USD), the trading interval (with what frequency the algorithm will receive market data), the time period. After all the necessary settings you should press Backtest to start testing. Before starting, you can specify such parameters as initial deposit and exchange commission. After the end of the test, the Log window will contain the test results – the initial balance and the final results in monetary terms.
Regarding the SMS alerts service note that no US phone numbers are allowed. The reason is that certain trading products and services are subject to strikt regulations in certain US regions. Therefore many trading platforms and services have to exclude US traders.
Now, if the test results are satisfactory, you can start the algorithm in the automated trading or simulated trading mode by pressing Trade. For the simulation mode it is enough to specify the initial balance and after the launch, the algorithm will process the market data and report the trading results via email, as well as display the log of operations. For the real trading mode it is necessary to specify the API keys of the exchange, where you trade, available in the control panel.
Cryptotrader.org Costs (monthly):
- Basic Plus (1 Bot): 0,0032 BTC
- Regular (3 Bots): 0.0045 BTC
- Pro (5 bots): 0.0084 BTC
- VIP (10 Bots): 0.0159 BTC
- Premium (25 Bots):0.0396 BTC
Prices may vary depending on the BTC rate. Please also note the limits of the trading accounts. A limit of $1000 makes less sense if you decide to start trading at $900. If you cross the limit, the bot will automatically shut down. To start with, we recommend the Regular License to compare different bots. An overview of the current costs and features for the respective memberships can be found here.
- Comparatively cheap provider.
- Good trading results. Especially the bot strategies “Mooncatcher” and “Golden Dragon” are mostly profitable.
- Demo account or simulation for testing possible.
- Payment in Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Because the bot is so cheap: The trading strategies cost extra. Additional costs are currently between 40$ and 200$ per month.